Retail and grower margins are under pressure and have been eroding away for the past few years. In order to drive profit, we need to look beyond the normal business segments and explore new avenues for growth. In this course, we will explore some emerging agronomic profit opportunities and the science behind them. We’ll also walk you through how you can incorporate them into your business.
There are four main segments we normally generate profit from – fertilizer, crop protection, seed and services offered as a retailer. However, in the fertilizer and crop protection segments, commodity prices are down, and margins are also declining. Seed has also seen significant margin erosion, which leaves service offerings as the main growth and profit driver.
This course will explore five opportunities for retailers to help growers increase yield and deliver solid ROIs. The segments include:
- Phosphorus availability and decision making
- Managing abiotic stress
- Soybean fertility
- Adjuvant revolution
- Seed treatment conversions
Learn more about how West Central products can help you target new markets and offer specialized solutions for your grower customers, using products like SoyShot® and Paralign®, as well as continue to service more mainstream customers with our trusted portfolio of Levesol® products.
By successfully completely this 30-minute course you will be able to share with your customers:
- How to increase phosphorus availability using unique technology found in the Levesol family of products.
- We can’t control the weather, but we can help manage abiotic stress in plants using products that help plants retain their moisture.
- How soybean fertility can be managed through proper plant nutrition.
- The importance of choosing the right adjuvant product to help sharpen your weed control program.
- Nitrogen management is critical to maximizing yield and growing crops in a sustainable way. There is an opportunity to increase the nitrogen’s effectiveness in crop production using stabilizing products.
- How to manage a burndown program.
This course includes the following lessons:
- Retail Opportunities (19 min)
- The Benefits of Stabilizing Nitrogen (6 min)
- In The Field: Planning an Effective Burndown & Post Weed Control Program (4 min)
Supplemental materials include:
- Blog Posts
- Water Stress in Corn and Soybeans
- Are Your Field’s Maximizing Their Yield Potential?
- Applying Nitrogen in the Fall? Know the Fact
- Sales Materials
- Cygin [PDF]
- Last Chance [PDF]
- Levesol Zn [PDF]
- Paralign [PDF]
- Revival [PDF]
- Soyshot [PDF]
Click the button below to get started!TAKE THE COURSE