In this course, you will learn about the importance of starter fertilizers in helping your growers realize their yield goals.
One of the biggest issues facing plants early in their development is the inability to access essential nutrients. Even when present in the soil, nutrients, such as phosphorus and zinc, have a tendency to get tied up, making it difficult for the plant to absorb and benefit from them. Discover the benefits of the different application methods and how to increase overall plant health with the appropriate type and application of starter fertilizer products, including West Central’s Levesol®, Levesol® ZN, Redline® and Soyshot™. Find out how to help growers unlock these nutrients and keep them in a soluble form to help their seedlings get off to a good start without injury from fertilizer burn.
You will also learn how to protect your crop from Rhizoctonia Root Rot, a disease in sugar beets that can often go unnoticed throughout the growing season, but leave devastating damage come harvest, impacting yields by 30 to 60 percent. Learn how AZteroid™ FC, a fungicide compatible with liquid fertilizer from Vive Crop Protection helps protect the plants from Rhizoctonia root rot, increases sugar content in your sugar beets and protects the plants from becoming susceptible to other diseases.
By successfully completely this 32-minute course you will be able to share with your customers:
- How starter fertilizers help manage nutrient variability within their fields
- Best management practices for optimizing the essential nutrients and keeping them more available for their crops
- The science behind ortho-ortho EDDHA chelate technology and why it is superior to other chelates.
- How to protect your sugar beet crop from Rhizoctonia Root Rot.
This course includes the following lessons:
- Importance of Starter Fertilizer and Methods (19 min)
- The Safe Soybean Starter Fertilizer (3 min)
- Rhizoctonia Root Rot – Managing Disease in Sugar Beets (10 min)
Click the button below to get started!TAKE THE COURSE