Maintaining well-balanced soil, with optimal levels of the essential nutrients is key to maximizing yield, but it does not necessarily come easy. However, there is good news. With some effort and by using the tools available today, you can help your growers prepare their fields to be able to provide their crops access the necessary nutrients for the plants to develop into a healthy high yielding crop.
This course focuses on three key areas that can help your growers see maximum results each season.
Fall fertilizer applications optimize a crop’s ability to access and absorb nitrogen, but these plants also need to have access to the nitrogen when they need it. This is why nitrogen stabilizers are a key element of fall nitrogen applications. In this course, you will be introduced to the benefits of applying fall fertilizers and using a nitrogen stabilizer to protect the nitrogen application. The lesson also discusses the conditions and geographies in which fall applications are the most appropriate.
The lesson continues with the benefits of fall fertilizer applications for your customers and for you, the agronomist or ag retailer. Learn more about fall soil sampling and how variable rate technology can help your customers. By helping growers better understand their soil, you can help them implement the most appropriate fertility plan each season to attain their crop yield goals.
The course will conclude with a presentation on iron deficiency chlorosis (IDC). IDC causes severe crop yellowing and results in disastrous yield loss when not treated, since plants are not able to access the proper amounts of iron needed for normal growth processes. Introducing in-furrow applications of iron-chelated fertilizer makes water-soluble iron more available to the crop and easier for it to be absorbed by the plant. University studies show crops benefit more from using iron-chelated fertilizers with the highest percentages of ortho-ortho chelated, water-soluble iron in the field since these iron-chelated fertilizers also provide season-long benefits to the plant by extending the longevity of the available water-soluble iron.
By successfully completely this 35-minute course you will be able to share with your customers:
- The benefits of applying nitrogen stabilizing fertilizers in the fall and which formulations will yield the best results.
- The benefits of using nitrogen stabilizers for your crop and the environment. The impact they offer by minimizing nitrate leaching and how they increase soil nitrogen retention.
- How to identify and avoid Iron Deficiency Chlorosis by applying the most effective iron-chelated fertilizers.
- How to optimize soil fertility and maximize crop production by using soil testing, and to how to provide VRT (variable rate technology) recommendations to your customers.
This course includes the following lessons:
- The Benefits of Stabilizing Fall Nitrogen (5 minutes)
- Fall Fertility Considerations: Soil Sampling and Variable Rate Technology (13 minutes)
- Effects of Iron Deficiency, Cause and Symptoms, and How to Manage IDC (17 minutes)
Click the button below to get started!TAKE THE COURSE